Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 228

Was in the closet today doing something and came across this wooden box that has a Bible in it. When my Dad's mother passed away one of the sisters gave this to my Dad. I always said I wanted this Bible. I just love the box and all. When he passed away the step children ransacked his house before any of his kids arrived. Yep they took the Bible. I told my brother that was handling the affairs that the Bible was the only thing I wanted and to get it back. Well at the funeral they delivered it. They weren't very happy which I didn't understand it wasn't their Dad or Grandmother... BTW they had already been to a Lawyer before my brother arrived and was told by the same Lawyer my brother hired...Step children in the State of Az. have no rights. He lived in a small town and not too many Lawyers. Good thing they ransacked the house prior.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Carol that is just beautiful, so glad you were able to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling me this. Im so glad you got it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bible. I'm glad it's in your possession...

    ReplyDelete